Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell 1950 power edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKSahoo

Technical User
Aug 8, 2008
US
Hi,

I have a dell 1950 power edge with 2*146GB HDD SAS and RAID5. NICE call recording application has been installed in this server. From past few days this has a problem.

All of sudden this server stop communicating with others. During this incident I can able to ping other server in network but not able to access any drive via map network drive or from start-run \\ip address\d$. Also I cannot able to map this server from others server or desktop.

The only way to recover this, I have to restart all NICE application installed in this server. After restarting its working ok and able to access network drive.

My question is this a server h/w or OS problem? Because the error i am receiving in application is "communication failure due to space or because a queue was full"

Any suggestion pl where is the fault?

Thanks

actually, i don't think this is either a h/w or OS prob. based on what you have described, this would seem to be more of a networking issue ("communication failure" you mentioned).

if you haven't already tried this, next time this happens, see if simply restarting the network (instead of restarting the application) recifies the prob and then you should have your answer...or at least ruled network issues out as the culprit.

also, check the size of the partition you are running the app under ("space"..."queue full") and what the recommended size of the partition should be. the app may be writing to a /tmp directory of sorts when processing calls and that is getting too full to then export to the db.

let me know how you come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back