Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell 1700N Laser Printer (on LAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duane123

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
Just this week my Status Monitor Center will no longer find the printer. The printer (on lan) works just fine. Both PCs state [We can't find "-nohomehttp:\192.168.0.104", which is the static address assigned].

I am running Win XP Home SP2 on both PCs, and the printer works just fine, and the Status Monitor Center worked for 2 years up until about two weeks ago. Anyone else recently experience this problem? Could it have something to do with more MS updates to the IE7?

I had a similar issue with Dell's status monitor (different printer, but i'm assuming pretty much the same software!). Anyway, i remedied it by completley uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and then installing from scratch. If memory serves me correctly, it happened a few times and was always after a windows update (different updates each time). I never had the time to find the exact cause and fix, but the workaround of re-installing the drivers was reliable and only took me five minutes.

HTH....

CCNA, CCDP, Net+, A+
Work Smarter, Not Harder....
This was supposed to be the future.....Where is my JetPack?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back