Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dell 1650 poweredge ghost issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

scon44

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hi I'm unable to get the driver (the one I use for a ghost disk) to work for the Intel 100/1000 on the Dell 1650 Model.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Basically I'm trying to get an image of the system but the ghost boot disk doesn't work for it. I've gone to intel and downloaded the "correct" drivers and everything. But I get a hardware error error message when I try to boot up with the Ghost disk. And no it's not a hardware issue because the nic works fine when operating under windows.

Thanks for any help. Only reply if you'd had this problem with a Dell 1650.

Thanks.

Without specifics on the error message I don't think anyone is going to be able to really help you out. I doubt this problem is specific to a 1650 but rather to the NIC. What is the "correct" driver that you downloaded? What model is the NIC? Can you post the sanitized(for your protection) protocol.ini, network.ini, config.sys and autoexec.bat files from your ghost boot disk?

That's why you need to have experienced this problem to answer it. Good try Rijay.

It is likely a Broadcom NIC, using the Intel chipset.

Excuse me while I express myself...

I have experienced it before and I was trying to help an apparently difficult person. I guess there is only one error message in Ghost and if that is the case then there must also be only one version of Ghost as well. Why don't you try to enlighten us as to which version you are using and what error messages you are receiving? Best of luck I know you are going to need it.

If the nic works fine under windows your ghost boot disk must be configured improperly. Why don't you supply us with the files asked for before or else you are going to waste a ton of time trying to find a resolution after being abandoned by users who are trying to help you.

Don't sweat it rijay. You tried; if he doesn't want to listen you can't help that.

I have had Ghost probs on a 2650, but that's not a 1650 so I'm not participating.

Start another thread and maybe I can help you out.

Thanks for trying. Got it working now. The thing is Intel give you netware files as well as the standard dos file. So what was happening was that I loaded some of those netware files and I shouldn't have been doing that.

Peace.

Thanks for trying. Got it working now. The thing is Intel give you netware files as well as the standard dos file. So what was happening was that I loaded some of those netware files and I shouldn't have been doing that.

So, in other words, had you simply answered rijay's questions (which went to the heart of your problem--i.e. you weren't using the "correct" drivers) instead of being a smartass, your problem would have been solved quickly, and others might be willing to help you out in the future.

Star for you, rijay, for still being willing to help someone even after they prove they don't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back