Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell 1400SC Server power-up control issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2005
US
Hello Group,

I have inherited a Dell Poweredge 1400SC server that feels the need to power itself on every day at 7:00pm. I'm using this server as a test machine so I really don't want this function.

I'm assuming this is a feature. I've searched the BIOS but can't find the control. I've dumped the partitions on the old drive (and the OpenManage Utility partition as well) so F10 isn't an option.

Can anyone tell me where to find this control?

My thanks in advance,

Bob

Pull it off the network, and see if the problem persists. I'm guessing there is a device on your network sending a WOL packet to your server.

If this is the case, hang a sniffer off the network to identify the offending device.

That's a good idea but I've already tried that.

I can adjust the start time by editing the CMOS clock. I am pretty sure this is a power-on timer. I've seen such a feature in the BIOS of other servers/workstations but I'm not finding it on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back