Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deliverables Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquisitive_one

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2019
US
I am taking on a large project that is related to the acquisition of a product line that we'll be incorporating into our manufacturing process. Basically, we're going to take over the manufacturing and distribution of about 80 products from an individual that wants to move to a passive income (royalty) situation. I work as an IT Manager so I am used to PM from a software and related technology perspective but I've been asked to be the PM for this project. I'd like to do a WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) before I get into the actual schedule portion of the project but I'm having trouble determining what the deliverables would be in a project like this. We'll need a plan for Marketing the new products, incorporating them into our current manufacturing environment, selling the product, stocking, distributing, etc. Would these be the deliverables? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

Deliverables are products or services that are to come about by the work of the project. Outcomes. Outputs. Yes, everything you mentioned would be a deliverable. If you have problems identifying them all, hold a meeting and get everyone else to help you brainstorm them. For instance, "What are you expecting to get out of this acquisition/project?"

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back