Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deliver report groups to different destinations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdzlkds

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
GB
Using BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5 & Crystal Reports v10

We have a report that groups on Project ID - there are about 150 project IDs. We want to deliver separate monthly reports on each project ID. Is it possible to do this using one Crystal Report or will we need to create 150 reports and upload them all onto BusinessObjects Enterprise for distribution?

Thanks

It has been awhile since I have done this, but I believe when you upload a Crystal Report to BO and schedule them, then you can specify a parameter for that specific instance (i.e, project ID). Yes you would have to create 150 schedules, but I prefer only updating one report, not 150.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks kray4660 - yes I think that would work, although I was kinda hoping not to have to do something 150 times! (Although this would be less work than uploading the report 150 times.)

This is called report bursting. At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports Desktop Scheduling tools listed at: provides that functionality.

It allows you to burst a single report grouped bu Project ID so that each Project ID becomes a separate dynamically-named export and send it to one or more email addresses dynamically associated with that Project ID or deposit it in dynamically named local or web folders.

Cheers,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back