Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deliver mail queued for main server to local address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2003
GB
I have a RH9 box set up as a back-up mx which works fine. However I wanted to know if there is a way to also send mail that is going to sit in the queue to the local user mailbox too.

For example.

Currently I have the following:

Mail for user@domain.co.uk will come in to the linux box as the main email server is down and it will sit in /var/spool/mqueue/

What I would like is the following:

Mail for user@domain.co.uk comes into the linux box as the main server is down and mail is put into the queue and a mail goes to the user@thisserver.domain.co.uk (the local inbox for that user).

Regards,

Muffin

Just to expand upon this a little further. I have a shell script which locks the queue files and generates copies rewriting the address domain. However I'm really asked the question have I missed something here, is there a simpler way?

Regards,

Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back