Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delimiters for database use. I a

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2002
GB
Delimiters for database use.

I am under the hammer with Javascript, Java and XML projects and I need some help, and ... I hate to admit it but I just don't have the head space left to get round another scripting language in order to accomplish just one task.

We have a long list of companies, (Company name, address, phone number etc, and its in a WP10 format.

We want to export it delimited so that the database parses to end each field at the end of the text string (ie at the end of each line) and then stops the record at the two hard returns between each record, starts at the firstline of the next record and does it all again.

And as I am not a big WP user, I can't see a way to do it without learning the WP macro language,or vis basic or whatever, and I don't have time so ... help!!!!

- "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Corel offers several ANSI and ASCI type options under file types that you can save as under File - Save - Save AS. Not knowing much about exporting to delimited text, I'm not sure if it is of any value or not.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back