Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Users out of Activity Table 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

monet1369

MIS
Sep 23, 2002
US
Hi,
We are running Great Plains 6.0, with SQL server 2000. There are several users stuck in the User Activity off of System Setup that cannot be deleted. I get "a get/change operation on table 'SY/_Palette_Check_MSTR'failed accessing SQL data" when I try to do this. I know that you can go into the Microsoft SQWL Mgr and get into the enterprise mgr and use the analizer to delete these "stuck" users, but I must not be wording my query right because it does not work. Does anyone know the right way to word this? I thought it was "delete from activity where userid='whatever usr'".

Thanks,

Amy

If you are in SQL 2000 there is an easier way to do simple queries than using query analyzer. If you don't want to get into scripting problems then here is what to do.

Launch enterprise manager
expand the tree to on the left so that you are in the Tables folder of the Dynamics Database

Locate the Activity Table

Right click the table and choose show all.

Then higlight the lines you want removed and hit the delete key

That was sooo easy! Thanks alot!

You get a star!

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back