Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting to "Deleted Items" when opening additional mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaresa

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2002
US
How can I ensure that when I delete mail from the additional mailboxes that I've loaded that this mail goes into the deleted folder of the these mailboxes rather than my primary mailbox?

For example, I have my individual mailbox on the Exchange server: "JohnDoe@myorg.com"

I've created a generic mailbox for hiring people called: "recruiter@myorg.com"

I access the "recruiter" mailbox by giving my JohnDoe account user permissions on the Exchange server and adding it in Tools-Services-Properties-Advanced-Add Additional Mailboxes. Yet when I delete mail that comes to my "recruiter" mailbox it goes into the "Deleted Items" folder of the JohnDoe account. I've tried removing my JohnDoe account as the "Primary NT account" on the Exchange server to no avail.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Not sure it's possible, unless you mess around with Outlook rules. (Would love to be corrected on that by the way).

A way round that is to set up a seperate Outlook profile for the second mailbox and logout\login from Outlook when you need to check the other mailbox. This will keep everything seperate. I know it's not as convenient though.

Regards
jpaf

Jpaf is correct as far as I am aware. Another option would be to stay logged in to your own mailbox but manually drag items to the recruiter mailbox "Deleted Items" folder rather than clicking the delete key.

It will always go in the Deleted Items of you Primary (Default) Account.

But, if I may ask, what's the point to have it in another Trash can? If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back