Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting SMS inventories

Status
Not open for further replies.

overide

MIS
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have SMS machines that are no longer a part of the network, but the machine names are showing up in SMS collections as still being a part of the network. I am wanting to clean out the database of these old machines and set the service to do this action every X days. Is there anything within SMS that will complete this task? How is this done. I also have machines with out of date inventories and they are showing inaccurate software. The software inventory agent is running and showing up to date scans. The software on certain machines are not up to date. How is this done?

Create a collection (direct or by query) of such devices, then right click on it and select Delete Special. Follow the wizard prompts.

I cannot create a new collection, because i do not know which machines that need to be deleted without manually searching within active directory. This is not the way I want to go because we have many machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back