Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Secondary domain and Post office in GW5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbeneke

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
AU
Hi all,

While doing some experimenting/testing a while back, I created a secondary Domain and a secondary Post office on another server (which has since gone) and after consideration deleted both BUT the operations had not gone through when I wiped the other server so our current mail server still believes that there is a secondary Domain and a secondary Post office out there somewhere that it cant talk to at the moment - also there are 3 test users in the address book which point to the same deleted secondary Domain and secondary Post office.

How can I remove all references to that domain and PO and delete those test users without wrecking the current mail setup which runs fine?

I need to complete this before I upgrade to GW6.5 as I dont want to bring my bad mistake with me.

Any help appreciatted.

Ben

Ok run Groupwise Mailboc maintenance on the Post Office (Primary)
Check link configuration and delete any links to that post office the try synchronise

then mailbox/maintenance again.

THanks for the replys guys,

1stITMAN, I'll try your recommendation on the weekend when its quiet, looks promising.

Farout, Unfortunately that wont work as there are no NDS objects left to view. The secondary domain and po can be seen in GroupWise view but nothing has worked in there when I try to delete as it is still trying to authenticate to a tree that doesn't exist anymore.

Will keep you posted, if anyone has anymore ideas please let me know

Thanks
Ben

Was not aware that you had multiple tree's, my apologies.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Farout,

No need for apologies!

You never know where the catalyst for a new train of thought is going to come from.

I fixed a serious NW4.11 issue a week ago after reading a TID for NW5 and following some of it that applied then heading off on my own track.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back