Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting pages crashes quark! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldengirl

Instructor
Nov 13, 2002
IE
Hi there,

I've got this document, it uses facing pages, and an automatic text box. I accidently added more text, which in turn added more pages. I've cleared all the extra text and hidden characters from those pages, broke the links between the text boxes and even replaced the extra pages with blanks. No matter what I try, each time I delete those pages quark crashes immediately, with a 'type 2' error. HELP!!!!

Thanks

Well i would suggest u to visit the foll. link:

Most probably this is ur font problem and my suggestion would be isolating the font taht is causing the crash.

For workaround u can use the "thumbnail drag" functionality to create the same document.Read more here

Hope this help

EL236

~*The Art of Communication*~

hi goldengirl

i gone thru ur problem, and what i feel is that there is some problem with ur system fonts now just b'cos of that u r getting that type 2 error, may be any of ur font get corrupted.

do close all the xpress documents then start isolating the problem,

firstly cut ur preference file or preference folder from the from the QuarkXPress folder in ur harddisk and paste it on to the some other location. and as u launch a QXP a new prefrence file be created by itself.

in case if u want ur prefrence file back to place then u can paste it back to same place and delete the new one

make a new folder (place the new folder on to the desktop) and then cut all the fonts from the font folder to this new folder. now take half of the fonts and paste it into the font folder. Then tryin open ur document and tryin to delete the pages which u wish to, if the problem occur at that point of time.

then u can trace out that the problem persist in tha t font which is presently lying in ur fonts folder,

if problem doesnt occur then bring the rest of the fonts back to the fonts folder then tryin open the document and try to delete the pages

may be these left over fonts were creating the problem.

if doesnt solve ur problem then do let me know please.

Thanks for the help!

el236, that link was just what I needed. It turns out that it was an XTension that was causing the problem, not a font. I've added that page to my bookmarks... very useful!

Thanks again to both of you for taking the time to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back