Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting old DNS/NetBios name

Status
Not open for further replies.

dushi1

Technical User
May 22, 2006
AW
Hi, In the past i created 3 DC names, but i formatted the server 3 times also, but when ever i tried to set up the AD as a DC i get the same name that i used in the past,i already have a DC on my network but i want a second DC the second server had some problems so i install and formatted, but why does the DNS name differnt and the forward lookup zone name different? can any one help to get rid of all those old netbios name pls????

Thanks in advanced

Not too sure I fully understand the question ... but as nobody else has replied I'll have a go :)

You have a domain controller which you reinstalled 3 times, each time with a different name - am I correct? Now, you say that the DNS name and forward lookup zone are different. Are you saying that you've installed DNS server on this server (the one you've formatted 3 times) but the forward lookup zones don't appear the same as the do on your other domain controller? Or are you saying that the records for this domain controller in your other domain controller don't look quiet right?

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published
Garten und Landschaftsbau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back