Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting old dc after data migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

max8699

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
AU
Hi all, ok so I carried out a DC server migration from an old box to a new one, all went well and users are now connecting to the new box as before. However after I did all the migration of shared folders etc... After leaving it overnight to settle down I shutdown the old server to test the system to Mack sure users could connect ok. All good so I went to restart the old Dc but the old server fails on boot now so won't start up. Now all the users and data and FSMO roles are across to the new dc but the old one is still showing in the AD and there is errors coming up in event viewer for file replication. Is there a way I can delete the old dc from the ad without rebuilding the old dc.?

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back