Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Mounted Devices in Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyarber

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2006
US
Hello,

My issue i'm having is with Disk initialization on a Windows 2003 server. What we have is a Fiber Channel JBOD that is connected to a compaq FC PCI HBA controller that sits in the server... The JBOD has 7, 67Gb FC hard drives in it, it used to have 7, 36 Gb hard drives in it, back then it worked with no problems. When we upgraded the drive to a bigger capacity they won't intialize.

One thing I want to do it remove any trace of the old 36Gb drives from the registry. My first question is if there is anything in the registry regarding the old drive and if there is if it would be causing the failed initializing of the new disk?

I know where the reg keys are, but not to sure what to delete if needed. The JBOD was a mounted device before we changed out the drives (it was E:\). In the registry there is still a mounting for E:\. Woundering if deleting that key will do any good or harm.

Thanks for any help.

Anyone want to take a stab at this one? I will am more than able to give more details if needed...

At least someone tell me if I'm even posting in the right place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back