Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting messages via Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan01

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
If you read and then delete a message using unified messaging will the messages be deleted from your mailbox as well. Customer is saying that they delete their messages but when they access their mailbox through their phone the messages are still there and have to be deleted again. Is this normal? Option 11 rel 4.5 with 201i mail rel 4.0. Thanks for any help...or comments.

That's wack! The messages should be taken off the server once you delete via unified messaging. Have they deleted all the messages in Outlook's deleted folder?

In CP 4.5 this is the way it seems to work, at least it does for us as well. However, I believe this has been fixed in CP release 5.0. I am upgrading tomorrow night so I will know soon enough!

We have 5.0 and yes the messages will delete. We did have 4.5 but it was not an issue then.

That's callpilot 4.0. We support a CallPilot 4.0 (04.04.04) installation that uses Desktop Messaging & Lotus Notes. They've been running over 13 months on CP 4.0 and had no problems with deleting voicemail. (I'm the engineer assigned to keep them happy as they one of our customers that regularly spend a lot of money with us... so if they had problems, I would have heard about it.)

What version Desktop Messaging client are you using?

You should be able to get this information by double-clicking on a voicemail and selecting Help|About from the voicemail player.

The latest Desktop client version is 04.04.04.18. If you're not using that, upgrade that first. When the customer upgraded their Lotus Notes server without talking to us, they started running in to all sorts of problems with the Desktop Messaging client because they were using 04040412 (I think) which wasn't compatible with Lotus Notes 8 and client.

Clarification: They do have problems with when they delete voicemail using the desktop messaging client they are unable to restore said voicemail from the deleted items box (or whatever the equivalent is called in Lotus Notes, "Trash" I think.)

After taking the question to our Nortel SE and after querying a few Callpilot GNTS engineers while talking to them about other issues, Nortel's response seems to be "if you accidently delete a voicemail, restore it from backup."

A failure on Nortel's part imho. But they do not have problems with the actual deleting process when using the Desktop Messaging client 04040418.

Yes, it's 04040412. Do I have to buy an upgrade from Nortel or how do I go about getting one? Thanks x11tech.

Desktop Messaging Client 04040418 is available free of charge from any respsectable vendor with a maintenance relationship with Nortel.

You can also try registering a Nortel account and trying to download it from Nortel's support website:

Specifically you can use this link directly to the CallPilot Software, which includes the CallPilot Desktop Messaging Client v04.04.04.18. (This TGML is buggy and inconsistantly processes its own tags...)

Sorry for the tardy response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back