Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jheerink

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
NL
I,ve got a problem here that's probably simple to solve. We run a netwerk here for a primary school, and we setup a global security group with a couple of members in it. The group itself has a mail address and all mail get's sent thru to the members of the group. We get warnings now that their mailboxes are full, but they are not. so my guess is the mailbox of the security group is full and the automaitc warning is sent to all members. But how to empty the mailbox of this group.Or even better how to tell exchange to wipe al messages after a few days. Shpuld be simple i guess but we can not figure it out yet.

Use the Mailbox manager in the policies properties (default policy) to set the check on max size and age.
Use the Mailbox manager in the server properties to set to delete everything older then .. or bigger then ...
If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back