Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting guest files automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

raygg

Technical User
Jun 14, 2000
US
I have a Windows 7 pro computer that several friends and guests use for email etc. They logon as Guest and I have the administrator logon. I would like to create a script, change security access, and/or use a proprietary software or freeware package to modify the setup so Guest input files and downloads are forced to a new drive" G:\" and that any files created on drive G are automatically deleted after the guest logs off. The software or security should also be altered to prevent guests from downloading any software for permanent installation on this machine and also prevent the guest from accessing any other computers on my home network. I also want to automatically delete the browsing history of every guest logon when they log off (either manually or by timeout). What suggestions can you make so I can enable these modifications?

It's a shame that Microsoft dumped SteadyState 5 years ago, which would have achieved the effects of most of what you describe.

There are some modern alternatives, which you can now google since you know what the old technology was called. One for example is Reboot Restore Rx

Drive Vaccine is what I use for public computers at a residence hall used by students.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back