Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting google search history problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

geroid

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2009
IE
Hi all
This might sound like a minor problem but it's driving me mad. I've been trying to find out how to delete the google search history i.e. everytime a search is typed in if it was done before then that search appears in a drop down list to select. Ok that's normal. I've tried everything I can think of. I know about Tools - Internet Options - Browser History - Delete - Delete Forms etc. or Delete all. This works to delete browser history but will not delete the google search history. I've tried it over and over again. I tried CCleaner with no joy and have also tried DELINDEX and Index.DAT suite who all claim to delete all history but again they deleted everything but the google search history. This is very annoying and what would seem a simple task has just annoyed me enormously. All the normal solutions don't seem to work. Why won't the google search history delete and how can it be done?

Thanks for any help

Just in case this is it...

You may be referring to Google's "query suggestions" (although, this is not a history of what you have searched for, it's a list of suggestions based on what you have typed in the search box).

To change this, click on the "Preferences" link to the right of the search box, then at the bottom, select "Do not provide query suggestions in the search box

Thanks
It was the 'Do not provide query suggestions in the search box' of the google preferences. That solved the problem.

Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back