Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Fields From Tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi1

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
US
Help! Could someone please tell me how to delete fields/columns out of existing tables? I find myself, after 6 years and one job change back to using Paradox and can't remember how to do this simple task! I know how to delete fields from reports, forms,etc but can't for the life of me figure out how to restructure the existing table. I know how to go into "restructure" but I need to take out entire columns/fields.

The way I would do it would be to copy the table and then use Tools -> Utilities -> Restructure to open the table structure.

Then move to the field you want to remove and hit [Ctrl]-[Delete]. You should be prompted with "Do you really want to delete the field fieldname. Clicking OK will save the table and remove the field.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

You might want to get some sort of a Quick Reference card or booklet to refresh your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back