Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting/dumping Voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingaIT

Technical User
Dec 8, 2011
GB
Ive searched the forums on the subject of deleting voicemails. unfortunatly the only one's i came across were to do with vmpro.

my problem is we have just got rid of a team leader for something and i have found out that they never listened/deleted the hunt group messages. is there a way to delete all the messages in one go instead of staying at the phone going through them all individually?
we using ip office 500v2 on essential edition.

thanks

ps yes the boss told me to delete them all without listening to them as there is over 900msgs (even though system status tells me there is 254???)

you could reformat the SD card and redo all the recordings and mailbox greetings and name recordings but it is probably faster to delete them manually.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Rename the group slightly, will create a new empty mailbox, also means changing the name on any codes/buttons too :)

Hey Andy, does that really delete the messages or keep it in the SD card clogging up the card and taking away capacity for your other voicemail?
I am always a bit suspicious with the renaming because if you rename a user the light stays on until you reboot and who knows what happens to the actual files.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

The system clears any mailboxes not associated with current users or groups when it does it's daily housekeeping, at least it's supposed to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back