Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting (drop) tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hello, I have a test 2008 server that I have one database on. I am most knowledgeable on 2000 as that is our primary SQL server.

In 2000 I could select several tables and drop all at once. Is this possible in SSMS? Is there another location I should look at?

Thanks

djj
The Lord is My Shepard (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Yes you could:
Start SSMS
Click on "Tables" node in Object Explorer
If you don't see "Object Explorer Details" window press F7 (or from View menu choose "Object Explorer Details")
In "Object Explorer Details" window select tables you want to drop, right click on them and select DELETE.

Borislav Borissov
VFP9 SP2, SQL Server 2000/2005.

Here's what you do....

In SSMS, show the Object Explorer (left hand pane). If it's not showing, press F8.

Drill down to your database, and click on "Tables" folder.

Display the "Object Explorer Details" (Click View -> Object Explorer Details)

On the right, you will see a list of tables in the database. You can select multiple tables, and then push the delete key to delete multiple tables (a confirmation screen pops up before the tables are actually deleted).

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Thank you, the F7 did it. I thought there was a way but could not remember.

Thanks again

djj
The Lord is My Shepard (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back