Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting closed appointments en masse

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgangoo

Technical User
Dec 20, 2012
US
Good morning everyone. Yesterday, I listed all my open appointments in the Activities list and closed them. The problem is I had recurring appointments with no end date and now I have over a thousand closed appointments in the contact history. I can list all of yesterday's appointments but don't see an option for deleting them en masse. Pleeeez tell me there's a way to do that and that I don't have to & delete these appointments one by one.

Premium Edition 9.2.1.92 october 2012

You can do this in a Sync Unaware manner through SQL Management Tools.

Within GoldMine, on Recurring Actives, you can delete the 1ts, and you will be prompted to delete just this one or all recurring unless you have previously turned that Warning off.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Thanks so much for your help, DJ. Don't have SQL Management Tools as far as I know (how would I know - is it linked to Goldmine somewhere?) That recurring activity prompt no longer appears now that the recurring activity is completed. Each recurrence seeems to stand on its own as an individual activity now. So I have hundreds of the same closed individual activity dated 7/1/13.

SQL Management Tools is installed with SQL Server, and has absolutely nothing to do with GoldMine. If you don't know whether or not you have this tool then most likely you shouldn't be using it. Might I suggest that you get a 3rd party tool like DBX for GoldMine. I think that this will meet your needs, however, you will need to confirm this with Dexter Baga the developer of this Tool.

Dexter Baga
Support@DBXforGoldMine.com

To answer your next obvious question: You can't Delete en masse within GoldMine for a Filtered set of History activities. You can Delete en masse by going to:

Tools
Data Management >
Delete Records...

...and the follow the Wizard. This only allows you to delete Historical records from a certain Date to present for a Filtered set of Contact records.

DJ Hunt

Thank you so much, gentlemen. The Delete Records option is grayed out of my menu. Do I need to be a master user to access this? If so I'll speak to our administrator (my boss) about that. Making progress!

If the Delete Records option is grayed out then it means that your GoldMine Administrator does not want you to be able to do this. You must talk to them, and have them do it for you.

DJ Hunt

Thanks so much for your help so far. My Administrator went to Tools, Data Management & tried following the wizard to create a filter for the appointments that needed to be deleted. However, there was no option to select the Activity field & set it to Appointment, so we couldn't filter out those specific entries. Specifically, they are all appointments for a single user (me) and were all closed on 7/1/13. We want to delete all those, over 1200 of them (I will never use recurring appointments in Goldmine again). Is there a way to filter those out in Data Management?

Oh well. Had already resigned myself to setting aside 10 mins/day to delete these entries one by one. I'll be done in about a week.... Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back