Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting bulk messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mars1947

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
US
I have a user that has 239 messages in a mailbox, the mailbox is used as an announcement only, no messages need be left. Can I delete the messages only without having to delete the mailbox and re-record the announcement?

why don't you just create an announcement only box...by default no messages can be left. As to you question, the only way to remove the messages is

1) GO IN AND MANUAL DELETE THE MESSAGES

2) DELETE THE BOX AND RE-BUILD AND RECORD THE GREETING AGAIN

Deleting mailboxes with "large quantities" of messages has been known to corrupt the database. I would recommend building an application with an announcement service once you delete the messages in the mailbox manually.

Can you set the number of days to retain messages in this mailbox to 1 day and have the system delete them automatically? Then tomorrow you can manually delete the few remaining messages and change the mailbox to announcement-only.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

phuzzt42 - My mailbox classes only delete Read messages, so I will end up just manually deleteing the messages a few at a time until I am done. I have blocked any new messages from being left. Thanks for all the help.

i would still build a new cos and let it delete the msgs for you.. an anouncement service needs to be in app builder anyway.. those people that left msgs never got a call back.. not great way to run a system.. the onlt customer that i worked for that deleted unread msgs in bulk was a county gov.. there reasoning was the cust was not going to call a different county for a permit, so they could call back..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back