Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deleting app in itunes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldtooth

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
GB
I cannot delete an application on my iphone4, nor the same application in itunes, because it says it is loading. This is World Maps - I suspect it has now been updated and called World Atlas. World Atlas appears in itunes as a separate entity, but this will not sync with the iphone, I again suspect because of the status of World Maps, which is shown as loading. Any ideas?

I've read of a solution to this issue:
Go to Settings > General > International > Language. switch to another language (British English is a good one). Doing this will cause your iPhone to reset, after which your stuck app/s will be loaded and installed and ready to be deleted. then go ahead and switch it back to English.

soi là, soi carré

Thanks, drlex. I tried this but no joy. Because the app is >20Mb I have to download it from itunes, but even in itunes the app says it is loading and won't delete, no matter what I do. Any more ideas?

drlex - ok the app appears to have vanished from both the itunes library and my iphone! Thanks anyway for your help.

You're welcome - hope it doesn't pop back up when you load 4.3.3 (due shortly)!

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back