Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting an OS and defraging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddycd15

Instructor
Feb 3, 2004
i got 2 windows XP installed on my computer.

one doesn't bootup, one does (the lastest one). it's got the annoying boot screen where you have to select which OS you want to start when you switch on the computer.

that's not really what i want to disable though.

i want to uninstall the version of windows XP that doesn't work and which i don't use anymore.

but i'm not sure how i would do that...can i do it in the good installation XP or do i need to do it outside of windows.

i am afriad to start trying stuff because i'm afraid i might delete the good installation.

I wanted to delete it because my software are doing weird stuff like having errors and have to shut down, programs have also been slowing down, i haven't done anything drastic to my comp since the second installation. i wanted to delete the old installation of XP because i fear that it might be the cause of all my problems.

also, when defraging, it always get to this registery file of softwares and gets stuck.

thanks for any answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back