Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting a program or directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ersbygubben

Programmer
May 8, 2001
FI
Hi,
from somwhere a program has got into my C:partition under the name "Alset". This program tries to axcess the net whenever I open connection. I don't know what this program does or who is using it, so I block its axcess of internet. Now I want this directory deleted, but whatever I try, it says no go. I run Windows 2000 Professional. Is there any way of forcibly deleting this directory? (other than fromatting the partition, whitch is not what I particularly want to do)
Thanks for any help.

Maybe this program loaded in the registry .....
It would be a test to try and run regedit from the execute menu and then use the search engine to find the program you are looking for "Alset". You could also go through manually under HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/run ...
and find out what is loading at startup by the registry. Be sure to know what you delete in there. You can also try to look what is running on your computer by the task manager ... kill the process and see what it does. Hope this can help.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back