Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted without being read after 90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazz

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have a user who has reported and sent examples of receipts sent to external accounts. The receipts say the message was deleted without being read, but this is not the case. The emails are still in the inbox. The biggest factor is that all the receipts are being sent between 90 and 93 days after the email was received and read. I work as a desktop technician and cant find anything in the client, registry or group policy which is set to 90 days. The server team say nothing is set server side and its a desktop issue. Does anyone have a clue where I look!?

The specifics then - The mailbox in question is used by 5 staff who all access this mailbox as a secondry mailbox from outlook, using outlook 2010 and office 2010 on win 7 and XP.

I have looked at the message tracking and will describe one example. An email sent to 4 users. Looking at the Read field on message tracking One user is blank - so I guess said No to sendinga receipt, two users say read, and the last user says deleted.The deleted date is 90 days after they received the email and they havent deleted the email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris

Hi, Yes it is 2010 with SP1
Thanks

Try sp1 ru6 or higher and see if that stops new ones (i.e. from 90 days after you put that on).

The server guys have just told me that we are on ru6. Any other ideas about where this 90 policy could come from?

Many thanks!!
Wazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back