Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted mail from mailbox does not delete on Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayw

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
GB
Hi,

If I delete a mail from my outlook mailbox when the device is not attached to the PC the mail does not delete from the handheld?

How can I make the mailboxes synchronised?

On the blackberry, from the Inbox, push in the wheel, scroll to Options, choose Email Reconciliation, and make sure that "Delete On" is set to "Mailbox and Handheld".

Did that work? If not, are you using BES or Desktop Redirector?

You must leave items in the "Deleted Items" folder for at least half an hour before they will automatically delet form the handheld. Or do a "Force Reconcile" on the handheld.

Cliffa.

If you use shift + delete (hard delete) the item does not go to deleted items and the Blackberry does not see it as being deleted. If you use this method to delete, then this could be your problem.

I think this question was mis-answered. I, too wanted deleted e mails on my outlook inbox to be subsequently deleted on the B/B so I tried the steps above, and it seems to be that deleted e mails on the B/B reconcile with the outlook, but not vice versa.

Is that right?

I am going to go back to the "prompt" mode as I didn't always want to delete in Outlook when I deleted e mails from the B/B.

rmw2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back