Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted in Outlook Doesn't Delete on Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCHall

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
US
I have a half dozen or so Blackberry users. We have an Exchange 2003 server and Outlook 2003 on the workstations, using BIS for email (no BES). The Blackberries are set up to reconcile mailbox & handheld. If they delete something in Outlook, it does not delete on the BB. However, if they delete a message on the BB, it does delete in Outlook. They are not running cached exchange mode, and messages are still stored in "deleted items" (it's not set to empty automatically). There are no rules or agents in Outlook. I'm trying to figure out why delete sync works one way but not the other. Thanks for any assistance!

Go to messages>email reconciliation>
Select-Delete on prompt
Wireless Reconcile-On
On Confilicts-Mailbox Wins

This should take care of your issue.

Hello,

CCHall can you tell me whether EddieDuece's solution solved your problem?

I have some people telling me it will work one way but never the other and some that say it should work both ways?

Thank you.

Tim

No, it did not help, as the device already had that setting. Further research indicated that this is not possible without a Blackberry Enterprise Server. Apparently, if you delete on the BB, it will delete in Outlook, but not the other way around, not without a BES.

Yes. BIS uses a push so you receive the email. If you delete in Outlook, you've already received the email so it won't delete on the BB. The BB can delete and file which then does a sync to Exchange which is why it works that way.

The only way to sync fully is with a cable or a request to the Boss for a BES.

Thanks to CCHall and Zelandakh for your replies. There's no way the boss shall be spending any more but what if we did want to run BES in-house, anyone know costs and what the actual software product is called? Also am I right in understanding it can be run on an XP machine as long as the Outlook profile it uses has full access to the exchange store?

Cheers,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back