Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted Extension ID - Any way to get it back

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSChris

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2004
US
In trying to solve one problem, I may have created another.

I deleted one of the Extension IDs, and now I cannot seem to find a way to re-create it so that I can change which extension goes along with it.

Does anyone know of any way I can get this extension ID back?

Try closing out of Manager and then re-opening it.

If that doesn't work and it is truly deleted, you will have to reset the programming back to the defualts to get it back. In that case, hopefully you have a recent backup!

Rebote the IPO if it is a physical extn then it will be recreated.
you will need to reasign the extn once the system is ok.

I did reboot last night, and the extension ID came back.

why wait so long with a reeboot ?
do it when it's lunchtime :)

Why wait for lunchtime......whoops did I hit reboot immediately?

:-D

i tried to be friendly for the costumer :)
thats what i think exactly
its a problem for the costumer not mine
i can call anyway
so if you need a reboot just do it
if it's not a must then do it out of office time's

You can always try reboot when free, then block incoming and outgoing calls. Tell the customer, the IPO is updating and the issue will clear when everyone is off the phone. If they even ask. I have told the customer, they will experience an interuption in the ability to place calls during this process. The blocked incoming calls do not become an issue, unless you stick around after the reboot long enough for them to find out from the inbound callers who could not get through. They assume the call was during the reboot usually.
Now if it is time and materials, reboot when free, and go have a smoke.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back