Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete where #Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdctsg

MIS
May 26, 2002
US
Hello

I have a field in my query1 that converts my date in table1 to Julian date. If the field in my table1.date is empty my query will have #Error in the field. Is there a way to clear that without making a delete query?

Thanks
Bob

You need to code an IIF to produce a blank if the base table field is blank. Show us your SQL for Query 1.

From your previous post:
SELECT Table1.date AS Expr1, IIf(IsNull(Table1.date),'','UP' & Format(1000*Format([table1].[Date],'yy')+Format([table1].[Date],'y'),'00000') & Mark) AS Date1
FROM Table1;

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thanks BPNMike for your reply

PHV

That was what I was looking for. I keep forgetting about IIF when I am dealing with Access. I am so used to just using it for data storage as a part of a VB program. I am trying to get more into what the db can do itself. Thanks again

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back