Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delete to trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idamann

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2003
US
is there a way to delete something to the trash folder and make it dissappear from the folder you are looking at?

for example, looking at an inbox, you delete something but it remains in the inbox folder,,,,so you refresh your view and it finally goes away, but it's gone completely. How owuld you make it just leave the inbox and go to the trash folder for a certain amount of time, or maybe till the next time you log out?

Id@

Open your mailfile and view the database properties (File - Database - Properties from the menu), select the 'Advanced' tab.

Enable the 'Allow Soft Deletions' option and specify the time in hours in the 'Soft delete expire time...' field to indicate how long deleted messages should be kept for.

OK, did that, still having the same action taking place.

is there a special way I should refresh the screen to get the items I want to "soft delete" out of the inbox?

Id@

thank you for any help you can give,,,,this is just one of the questions posed to me by the boss-man, and I just happen to be the most knowledgable about lotus in this office,,,,so I get the questions.

Id@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back