Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete Script for email >30 & last logon > 60 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance59

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2007
US
Looking for a script for Exchange 2007 SP1, that will delete email from a users inbox that is older then 30 days if the user has not logged on in the last 60 days.

TIA

I don't think you will find such a thing very easily. Essentially you first need to check for the users that have not logged on in 60 days. That is not that big of a deal, however the PowerShell commands to do the rest will be very troublesome for you. This is essentially the same as doing an ExMerge and the requirements for PowerShell are the same as for ExMerge, you will need to use a 32 bit client that has the Exchange 2007 tools loaded.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back