Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delete PP and CM invoices from accounts receivable

Status
Not open for further replies.

nartnos

Technical User
Nov 10, 2009
US
Hi everyone. How do I delete a PP and CM invoice from the A/R report? They are prepaid and credit memo. I attach a picture of it.

untitled2.jpg

If you don't have an invoice that refers to the Prepayment and credit memo, you are going to have to create a debit memo and then apply the credit memo and prepayment to the debit memo to zero them out.

strtech,

Right theres no reference to these prepay and credit in the APPLY TO INV#. If I create a debit memo then this would show up in the report along with the prepay and credit, technically balancing the customer account to zero.

Can you tell me how would I apply the original prepayment and credit to the debit? I cannot find it in the Sales Order section because I thought of deleting the invoice itself but its no longer there.

It is not possible nor advisable to delete an invoice, PP or credit memo. If the two balance each other out then you should do a zero dollar cash receipt and apply them both. Plus you should be posting on the Sage Community.

Thanks BigLouie, cash receiving the PP and CM solved the problem. By the way I don't see a SAGE forum, its just MAS 90 sage and Mas 500 sage. I'm using MAS 90.

community.sagemas.com

Free open forum for MAS users and resellers. Answers by power users, resellers and Sage tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back