Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delete orpaned user from Active directory 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

password

MIS
Mar 21, 2000
GB
Hi all ,
i have restored DC after disaster , the domain dom1 is empty except ABC user , after restoration i found that a user account appears when i make search in active ditectory , using active directory search , if i search in each domain this user does not appear ,
when i try to delete this object from active directory , i could not do that , also i can't disply user proparities .
i need to delete this object beacuse the disply name the smae as onther user and employee send emails to this account insted of original one,
note :
active directory comian three trees ( AD root , Dom1 ,Dom2 )
each domain has a GC
Any one can help me

When you say you can’t delete the account, do you get an error, or does the account just reappear after you delete it? Thanks

"Experince That Counts

simply , the account doesn't appear in active directory users and copmuter , but appear in global address list in exchange and when a make search in active directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back