Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete open invoice from closed period

Status
Not open for further replies.

jentaylor

Technical User
Mar 30, 2005
US
We have an open invoice that shows up on all my reports from 2003. 2003 period was closed before me. We only have periods 2005-2006 open. Is there any way to delete this invoice?

What edition of Peachtree. It might make a difference, though this is and old irritating problem. I create a new company every year to get away from it.

Bill Couture

I am using Peachtree Complete Accounting 2003. Thank you for your response, Bill. I look forward to a possible resolution. I posted also about having problems creating a deposit slip as well. Can you help with this? When I select multiple items for deposit it will not list them out individually, just totals the amount and lists how many items.

Jennifer

Unfortunately, you can't delete an invoice created in a period that is now closed.

You can create a negative beginning balance invoice (maintain|customers, select the beginning balances arrow on the General tab). Then, apply your 2003 invoice against the negative invoice in Tasks, Receipts. By entering a beginning balance invoice, you will not affect the general ledger balances.

Thank you for your response blueboyz. I had already done this. My problem is that it shows up on my outstanding invoice log report along with the credit I created to offset it. I want it deleted from this report. Anyway to do that?

If the invoice and the credit show up in Tasks, Receipts then you can apply the credit against the invoice. Your receipt total would be 0.00 and it would delete it from your Aged Receivables report or open invoices report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back