Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delete one backup file

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemh

MIS
May 31, 2001
US
I'm trying to remove just one file from our backup system so that it can not be restored any longer. The file was only on our system for one week and was backed up twice. I thought the Delete Backup command was what I needed but running that comes back with a "no files matching search criteria" message. At this point I just need to make whatever change is necessary so that it doesn't show up when running the BA Client and doing a Restore. Is there a way of changing the expiration date on just one file? We have TSM 6.5. Thanks for any help!

On the TSM server, just update the node with backdel=yes.

On the GUI (or cli if non windows)

if windows, in the TSM client:
- go to Utilities/Delete Backup Data...
- In the dropdown, choose inactive
- navigate to the file, check it off and press the delete button

on CLI:
- enter dsmc to launch the CLI
- run delete backup /path/file.txt -deltype=inactive

Thanks! I just found that also. I tried using the ALL option in the command but it didn't like that. Using the inactive option worked.

yeah.. because the file didn't exist on the server any longer, you had to specify inactive. You'd think "ALL" would have caught it though.... strange.. anyhow.. good stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back