Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delete multiple history entries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscallisto

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
US
How can I delete multiple history lines faster than dragging each to the trash can?

example:

I may want to delete the last 15 clone stamp history entries at once.

I don't want to simply clear history to free up memory, I want to delete a block of alterations I've made.

If this is in the PSHelp I can't find it.

I usually just click on the state before the first change, like say you added a line, then did 15 clones, click on the line state in the history, then make another change and all 15 clone states will be gone.

Or am I missing what you are asking?

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Thanks viol8ion

I didn't know you could do that
(and I did read the help which didn't help)
...works very nice, saves a lot of time

so have a star.

Doesn't deleting the same entry cause the changes below it do delete? It seemed to be working that way in CS.

Yes it seems to and that's what I want to do.

I opened a pic and made 15 clone stamps then decided I didn't like the way the last 10 looked.

I clicked on the 5th clone and started clone stamping the last 10 over (I didn't need to drag the 10 unwanted cloned to trash can)

kiddpete,

yes. There is no way to selectively clear a history state without clearing every state subsequent to that one in Photoshop.

mscallisto... another shortcut to deleting history states is to use the CTRL + Alt + Z (windows) keys... as youprobably know hitting CTRL + Z deletes the last change, repeating redoes the change, whereas the former will allow you to continue stepping back through history until you reach the state before you 'messed up' the image!

Thanks ...No I didn't know CTRL + Alt + Z although I should have. I have a (Complete?) list of the shortcuts but there are so many!

What I did in order to get intot he habit of using the shortcuts is used a new one every day for some function that I commonly used. Now I cannot function without using the shortcuts, and they make life so much easier.

A couple to get you started:
CTRL + A is "select all"
CTRL + C is "copy"
CTRL + V is "paste"
CTRL + X is "cut"
CTRL + Z is as we discovered today, "undo"

good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back