Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete current on form that is based off query

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakerUSMC

Technical User
May 24, 2003
US
Hello to all,

I have a form that is based off a query. I have put a cmd button to delete the record but it only deletes from the screen. When I go to the actual table, its still there.

I am not sure if the problem is because the form is based off a query or not. How would I be able to do this?

Thanks,

BakerUSMC

The query would need to be an updateable recordset. Does it have any grouping or joins that are making it non-updateable ?

The query does have 2 tables with 1 join... is there are workaround?

Thanks

I'm guessing that it's the join that is preventing you from updating the result of the query then. A 'Left Join' may help you. Try setting the properties of the join so that that all records from the 'left' side of the join are included in your recordset, regardless of whether there is a record in the joined table. (right-click on the join, select 'Join Properties', then select the appropriate option - usually the middle one)

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried adjusting all the joins and nothing worked....

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

Thanks for your help anyways... I thought of a work around. I just had a delete button open another form that is based off the the actual table with the joined table as a linked subform. Then deleted the record. Works perfectly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back