Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete CLID entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattwc1

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
I have a customer that does not want to send CLID . When I go to
LD 15
CHG
NET_DATA
CLID NO

I reply no to CLID prompt , but the switch still sends the number . If I try to delete a CLID entry
LD 15
CHG
CLID YES
ENTRY X1
ENTRY 1 DELETED !
ENTRY
BUG481

I get this BUG481 code and the switch is still sending clid out . If I assign a CLID entry that does not exist to a dn , then no CLID is sent . How can I turn off or delete entries 0 and 1 . Also it's an Option 11 R 24 .

I believe what you need to program is Calling Party Privacy. You do need to have something go out as the billing number for the CO, but you can prevent the telephone number/name from being displayed on a receiving telephone across the PSTN. Two ways, depending on the trunking facilities you have -- one, have the CO itself blank it. Two, enable the CPP feature in your PBX. Answer YES to the CPP and TCPP prompts for the route in LD 16 (make sure you have package 301). Set CLBA in the CLS prompt at the phonesets. There is a complete description in the NTP Software Feature Guide under Call Party Privacy Override.

Here is idea can you build entry 1 as main number that customer has you don’t have to out pulse did’s usually if some one is blocking or not out pulsing numbers that’s sound shady. But I don’t know the whole nine yards.

Stonecoldphoneman has an excellent point. I have seen this before, where the initial request was to block CLID. Then, a little after that is implemented, they find that they cannot get through to a lot of residential numbers (who are set to refuse anonymous calls) -- sometimes their own homes... Also, oftentimes the CO is masking the number and sending the main billing number no matter what is sent to them, in which case the request for blocking needs to be negotiated with them. Organizations who legitimately need to block display at times (such as police and other such agencies) usually use the calling party privacy option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back