Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delete an entry in description (des) field

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Sorry for asking what is a dumb question, but I need to remove the description in the des field for a customer, however, I have tried leaving it blank to remove what was in there previously, entered nil, nul, anything I could think of but it is still there.

Going through the book didn't seem to give me an option.

How do I remove the description without re-entering the entire phone?

Regards

I don't think you can remove DES or leave it blank. You need to have at least one alphanumeric character.

Stanley is spot on. Generally speaking, you can just put in the phone set type. Analogue = 500 and a M2616 = 2616 or M2616 etc.

Is there another reason why the customer wants it to be blank as it sounds a little odd?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Hi FirebirdScrambler.

The reason the customer wants that off is so that when the person at the offending phone calls, they don't want to see "Fred Flintstone 2616" or something similar.

It is strange that other phones, also 2616's don't do that...

Regards

That is not the DES that people are seeing - it is the Calling Party Name display CPND.
You can remove a name in LD 95
req out
type name
<CR> until
DN xxxx (whatever the DN is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back