Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete Activity Using VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevsim

Instructor
Apr 18, 2000
AU
I placed this query in another forum, "Visual Basic for Applications", to date I have had no answers, so placing the query here hoping for some advise.
I have been using VB for applications in Excel for many years and also Access programming. I am now using Microsoft Project 98 and finding it difficult to write any VB routines.

Firstly, are there any non expensive books for learning the VB language of Microsoft Project 98.

Secondly, I would appreciate some assistance for a small VB routine to run in Project.
I wish to search through a series of cells in the Task Name column, find any task named Delete and delete that task.

I would appreciate any assistance.
kevsim

The answer to your first question is "No." But you'll find considerable information here:

(Everybody else: yes, this refers specifically to P98 but almost everything it refers to is applicable to subsequent releases of Project.)

Code snippet (I'm not a vba guru by any stretch of the imagination):

Dim t as Task

for each t in activeproject.tasks

if not t is empty
if not t.summary
if t.name = "delete" then
msgbox("Found a task")
end if
end if
end if
next

PDQBach, Thank you for the information.