Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete a partition on a production Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedea

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have a 2003 server running Exchange 2003 with 2 partions on the RAID hard drives. Ran out of space there, so moved the database to a 300 GB logical drive on the SAN (also RAID 5). I connect to the SAN with the microsoft isci initiator. When first testing, I created a 20 GB partition. Everything worked and I was in a hurry, so I then created a 250 GB partition, which is where the exchange database now is, and there is about 30 GB of unallocated space left on the logical drive. I now need the space. There is no data on the 20 GB partition. If I delete it, can I then combine it with the unallocated space to create a 50 GB partition? Windows disk mgmt shows the 20 GB first, then the 250 GB, then the unallocated space, suggesting the 20 GB space and the unallocated space are not contiguous. I am also nervous about deleting the partition at all, just want to be sure no one has ever had an issue with that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back