Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delegation of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

zibeck

Technical User
Oct 6, 2008
NL
Hi,

I want to grand a AD security group control to do a force 'full replication' in AD. I believe this can be done by using the 'deligation of control' in sites and services. I can't find which option I need to enable to accomplish this. This group does not need any other rights in AD (besides the ability to reset passwords, what they already can do). I'm talking about a windows 2003/2008 environment.
Who can help me with this?

Thanks, Ziggy

Wow, this is not the response that I expected from this forum :)

Is this what you're looking for?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. Replication already occurs on all DC's in a domain.
Full replication already occurs between Global Catalog servers.

If you're running an earlier version of Windows then secedit is the older command to run (now superseeded by gpupdate

I already red another artikel from Microsoft that a replication takes place automatically to the pdc-emulator after a password reset.
When the user types in the new password, the local DC will check with the pdc-emulator when the password does not match.
So it's not necessary to gif the security group this delegation of control.
Besides that it's also possible to enable the intersite change notification, this will replicate changes to all sites DCs immediately without regarding the replication interval between sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back