Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delegate control for user to manage Address Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacer

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
GB
We have an Exchange 2000 / Windows 2000 server and I would like to know how to delegate control for just one user to manage address lists in the company. Currently when they click on a group in the address book that contains a list of people, they cannot edit this. I can as the administrator.

Do I have to use the Delegation Control wizard and assign this to the user who will manage address lists? If I do, I want to customize the task so they can only add/remove users from an address list. I do not want them to be able to reset passwords etc... I know there is a tick box in the delegation wizard that can help choose the permissions, but does anyone know what I show select (that is if I should be using the delegation wizard for this task)?

Thanks,

Pacer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back