Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed Voicemail delivery VM Pro R8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurban

Vendor
Sep 14, 2010
US
Has anyone else noticed this week a lot of sites getting delayed VM delivery?
The only correlation we have is that DST happened Saturday.

The symptoms we're seeing is that a VM is left, then a few hours later it arrives in the users inbox with the proper time stamp of when it was left - and it is intermittent.

Seen this on R8.1(73) & R8.1(81). I'm moving one of those customers to R8.1(91) to see if that resolves it and haven't opened a case yet because we don't have enough data where it would be a good venture.

Check with NSA, maybe they are understaffed [smile]

If your VM's leave the system like they should, it's not going to help upgrading.
As you said, it happened after DST, so this issue is caused by something in the delivery chain. Try sending an email to a completely different (external) email account that you know works properly. Narrow it down, and you will find the fault.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

the way vm to email works is that the vm pc has to change the format of the wav files into plain text and then send it off, according to an IT guy I know, and that can stretch the resources on the server if it is not sized right.
Having that said the question is also do all messages come delayed or just some users?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

When I said inbox I was referring to Mailbox. Dang multitasking!
The system's we're seeing the issue on don't have VM to Email setup.

On the one system, its possible the server is being over taxed, but on the other there's no chance. 4GB ram, only 30 users, and an i5 processor for 12 ports of VM, no campaigns. As plain vanilla as you can get. System's been fine for about 14 months. Usually I'd just restart the services and fault the electrons for the issue, but to see 4 customers with a similar report in just a few days has me being a little more cautious than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back