Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delayed messages 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oned

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
One of our voice mail users checked his voice mail before he left one evening and had no messages but then the next morning his messages said that it was sent at 2:30 before he left for the day.
I've seen this in other threads here but have not really seen a solution. The switch is an option 11.

Some of you guys know everything there is to know about the Meridian system. Does anyone have a solution to this problem????

none of us even dream to know everyting about the gray boxes.. as for myself, i learn every day.. the only reason i have ever had a delivery delay is if all the channels were reserved or in use.. some installers designate usage on ports.. on an 8 post system they may block msg del on the last two ports and keep those for menus or even forward to mail.. did you check your port status? you may have one or more that is bad.. another thing to check is the error tables on the server, if you have a problem it may show up there.. a good point for maint is to run acd reports on your voice mail agents.. that gives you some usable stats on all busy condition.. sometimes just telling him you need more ports may not be enough..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I've found you can also see delays if the Hard Drive is getting full.

that would make sense, i hadn't considered it.. but all post are going to point to one of two things.. either to small or not maintained

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john when I found the problem it was because of some of the users. They would listen to their messages and not delete them. I had some that were over 3 years old.

I've seen perceived delays in M1/OCTEL(Avaya) systems where it is usually the user leaving the system prior to listening to all unheard messages. I could even flag alarms to accounts that complained of this frequently.

They access the mailbox, enough to extinguish the MSG light but don't listen to them all and hang up. Then when another new message is received causing a new MSG light they wonder why there is an older NEW message still in the box.

Mailbox Profile:
Unheard Message Reminder: Y

Alarm
18 SEP 06 07:32:58AM
*** Subscriber Exited With Unheard Messages
>>> INFORMATION ONLY
00000 24C00200 85000000 00003AC4 4AB60100 *$.........:.J...*
00010 9E6A0200 73010000 00000ANN XNNN-XXXX *.j..s......pS)c2*
00020 83323700 *.27. *

KE407122

The Nortel recommended fix for this problem is delete the mailbox and rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back