Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delayed access with novell client

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlespeechumuthu

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
hello,
I am trying to resolve a delayed access problem when using novell client 4.83SP2 for w2k pro clent machine. If I use Novell client (w2k pro) to access a foxpro datatbase on Netware 4.1 it takes about 45 secs to load. If I remove Novell client and install windows microsoft client service for netware, it takes about 3 secs. Any ideas ? I tried different version (older) of Novell clients, same results.
Even accessing the mapped drive to browse I see the difference (though not much), novell client taking longer.

I am returning to Novell after a gap of 6 yrs (changed jobs) and last time I worked was on Novell 3.12. So if you have an idea what could be wrong please let me know.
If need more information on any of the configuration please let me know.

Novell 4.1
Windows 2000 pro with service pack 3
Novell client 4.83SP2

thanks in advance
charles

Just a shot in the dark.....have you tried to install the client just using IPX as the only protocol? I know awhile back that was a solution to one of our problems.

david e
*end users are just like computers, some you can work with...others just need a simple reBOOTing to fix their problems.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back